Kalyn M. Balius
9305 Marguerite Drive
Ocean Springs, Mississippi 39564
Kalyn Balius Photography Feb. 2017 – Present
• Outdoor and indoor photography, including portraiture, weddings, birth/newborn, family, and wildlife subjects.
• Work with potential clients to plan their photography sessions and photographic vision.
• Professionally edit photographs using online editing programs.
• Proficient use of photography equipment and computer components.
Center Pointe Church Media Team Sept. 2017 – Present
Visual Media Team Volunteer
• Use ProPresenter to display song lyrics, announcement videos, and sermon notes on church projectors during services.
• Build graphic presentations based on Pastor sermon notes.
• Make grammar corrections, create slides and edit slides when necessary.
• Photograph various church activities and events.
Jeff Davis Elementary School, Biloxi, MS Aug. 2013 – Sept. 2016
• Aided in classroom instruction of both First Grade and Kindergarten, based on Common Core Curriculum and Engage NY.
• Used classroom technology, such as smart boards, i-Ready, and Renaissance Learning.
• Helped the students with smooth transitions, and engaged them in activities appropriate to the lesson being taught.
• Performed classroom clerical duties of making copies, compiling letters to parents, checking daily assignments, and creating bulletin board displays.
• Proctored state standardized testing and quarterly aptitude assessments of students.
The Vanguard, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL Sept. 2011 – Dec. 2012
Staff Reporter, Student Newspaper
• Produced multiple stories of student interest, which included in-depth interviews with students and faculty.
• Published several front-page hard news stories, including coverage of Hurricane Isaac.
• Wrote book and movie reviews.
• Captured photographs to coincide with written features and news articles.
Bachelor of Arts, December 2012 Major: English
University of South Alabama Minor: Communications
Mobile, AL GPA: 3.24
Associate of Science, May 2002 Major: General Studies
Bishop State Community College GPA: 3.6
- Outdoor and indoor photography
- photo editing
- visual media
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org