Joint Military Analyst
Coral Gables, FL
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering; Florida International University, Miami, FL.
Certified Naval Postgraduate School Aviation Safety Officer, Monterey CA.
Certification from United States Air Force for Air and Space Operations Center Strategy.
Exercise Support Analyst
• SOUTHCOM AOR experience with multiple PANAMAX joint exercise, multiple UNITAS deployments, Counter Narcotic deployments. Experience flying with Venezuela’s Navy. Joint exercise with Argentinian Navy and Columbian Navy.
• Experience planning at the Combatant Command level. South Korea, Key Resolve, Ulchi-Focus Lens. Large scale warfighting command post exercises.
• MARFOR experience in Afghanistan Helmand Province and other locations.
• Spanish native speaker, reading and writing.
• Able to communicate information and ideas verbally so others will understand in English and in Spanish.
• Able to Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience either via electronic or written mediums in English and Spanish
• Able to create products and presentations that communicate ideas effectively and concisely in English and in Spanish.
• Possess the following:
• U.S. Secret Security Clearance. Active Secret, I am TSI/SCI eligible. Investigation SSBI from OPM closed 5/13/2009.
• A valid US driver’s license.
• A valid US passport.
• Able to obtain a country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide)
United States Navy Commander/O5:
20+ years of experience as a US military officer in a warfare specialty. Experience with Microsoft Office, experience as a Joint qualified officer, including Joint Staff, Combatant Command staff and Joint Task Force staff.
Provide professional leadership and Joint military expertise through onsite assistance in Osan Korea, Hickam AFB HI, Panama City Panama, Helmand Province Afghanistan and Jalalabad Afghanistan. Demonstrate superb client delivery expertise by diplomatically coordinating and providing support to Combined and Joint international personnel. Leverage the ability to lead complex tasks and promote teamwork by collaborating with onsite assigned personnel.
• Experience as a Joint Qualified Officer including Joint Staff, i.e. COMSEVENTHFLEET Combatant Command staff and Joint Task Force staff.
• Ability to develop Microsoft PowerPoint briefings.
• Ability to provide Joint expertise in the following areas: Joint military doctrine development, Joint planning, programming, budget, and execution (PPBE), Joint readiness reporting at the Joint Staff, Combatant Command and Joint Task Force staff.
• Experience in Joint manpower and personnel management, including military manpower requirements determination, personnel management, such as distribution, policy development, promotion system, and performance assessment, civil service personnel management.
• Experience in Joint intelligence work, including as an intelligence systems operator and analyst with technical expertise in intelligence systems, such as Joint Staff, Combatant Command, Joint Intelligence Operations Center (JIOC), Joint Task Force, Joint operational planning, including JOPES, campaign planning.
2013 – 2014 Officer in Charge UAS Detachment Afghanistan
OCCUPATION: 8653, Officer in Charge, Aviation Unit or Detachment Directs, operations of aviation unit or aviation detachment of major activity. Ensures compliance with policies, directives, regulations and instructions received from parent activity or other authority. Supervises training requirements, reviewing proficiency of personnel assigned and instituting training to correct deficiencies.
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) detachment for the United States Navy. Experience with Special Operations Task Forces in the Helmand Province, Afghanistan supporting Navy, Army and Marine SOF and SOF Aviation. Responsible for day to day management of drone unit to include training, supervision and operational tasking for personnel. Experience in the safe operations and facilities maintenance of Firebase support equipment.
2009 – 2013 and 2015 Staff Operations and Plans Officer COMSEVENTHFLT.
OCCUPATION: 9065, Staff Operations and Plans Officer.
Assists commander by coordinating the formulation and preparation of operation plans and policies. Prepares standard instructions concerning disposition and tactical procedures for units constituting command’s forces. Advises in matters relating to the combat readiness of subordinate commands to perform air/surface/subsurface functions. Directs preparation of estimates of situation, coordinating with other staff divisions. Oversees preparation and implementation of training schedules and exercises. Maintains liaison with forces associated with commander’s mission.
OCCUPATION: 9059, Staff Liaison Officer
Serves as Navy representative with other services during joint planning or operations. Supplies information. Conducts negotiations designed to secure agreement on line of action to be followed. Observes and reports on developments and activities of concern and interest to the Navy.
1989 – 2009 Naval Aviator.
Advised, planned and coordinated for joint operation planning and execution systems. Contingency planning, joint operations communications, Surveillance and Humanitarian Assistance in SOUTHCOM, CENTCOM and PACOM AOR. Developed, reviewed, coordination and executional oversight of assigned appropriations with the objective of establishing priorities for operations, actions and investments.
Performed over 300 counter narcotics operations supporting U.S Coast Guard, DEA and Customs teams in SOUTHCOM AOR including a tour as part of the Naval Cooperation and Guidance team supporting the Joint Interagency Task Force South.
Experienced briefer proficient in presentations to large audiences of professionals. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for customer relationship building and education. I have a clear understanding of professional values, image and the importance of engaging the customer to fully understand and meet their needs.
2015 – 2019 Roche Molecular Diagnostics Territory sales Manager. 2016 Molecular Diagnostics VPC Sales Award winner.